Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's all about the awkwardness

We all have, somewhere, a family picture that we'd rather forget, right? I can think of many a bad hair day, tacky sweater, or unfortunate pose in the Gibler family photo vault. The creators of the website AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com have given us all a place to submit our most horrifying pictures and laugh at those from other families. The next time I'm having a bad day, I'm soooo going to sneak a peek at this website.
I'm not about to turn in any of the following, as I couldn't find anything truly awkward, but it's always fun to reminisce...

My parents' wedding. June 3, 1967.

Yeah, it's cute picture, but rumor has it my brother Ryan was saying naughty words to get us to smile. 1982?

I think we called ourselves the Christmas Patrol: me, my sister Val, and our buddy Jenny. Check out our sweaters and my fanny pack! 1988?

Just another Saturday night at the Gibler house. (Yes, I know my outfit was bad. That was the point, people!) 1991?

Val and I took teenage rebellion to new heights during a family visit to Fort Edmonton. While Mom and Dad chatted up a blacksmith, we stole the camera and got some fun shots. (And this was before digital cameras!) Summer 1998.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your outfit in the second to last one!

Kristine1969 said...

Ahhh, Lisa! These are so classic. Don't you just love looking back at these?

Unknown said...

I only remember classy Lisa in high school...