Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Last day in California

We had my sister Val and her boyfriend RJ here for the past few days. I picked them up in Reno after they had a not-so-ideal series of flights from Dallas. They came for Easter and to see the area we've been living in. I felt bad because we were packing the entire time they were here! But we did get to take them around Mammoth and June. The night after Easter it snowed almost a new foot, so they put on their snow clothes to play in the backyard a little. It hampered our trip to see the south tufa, and we drove up to see as much of Tioga Pass as we could, but it wasn't much! Their last day, they drove back to Reno to explore, and then to Tahoe for the night.
Kate looked adorable for her first Easter. And Jack was able to search for eggs around the house. I made gumbo, too!



And today is my last day living here. I'm taking the kids to Idaho for awhile. We'll stay with my parents while Brian lives in our travel trailer in Lee Vining for the rest of the school year. It's a big change for all of us. It'll be fun to start taking my kids to all the things that we haven't been able to do while living in the mountains. And after Idaho, it's New Mexico, for good.

No comments: