Saturday, July 16, 2011

One-month Maggie

Wow, it's hard to believe, but my sweet Maggie is one month old today. I am already nostalgic about her, and not sure why. Either it's because I know she's almost definitely my last kid, or the fact that she's so quiet and easy--unlike my other two--which causes me to vow daily that I will NOT neglect her. She hardly ever cries, and when she does, I can calm her easily. She has, from Day One, slept amazingly at night. When she does wake up, she doesn't cry; she just struggles herself quietly out of her swaddle. Sometimes she puts herself back to sleep. She started to smile at about two weeks of age, when my parents were here, and my mom coaxed a few grins out of her. We are all definitely in love with her. Her one fault? She spits up a lot more easily than my other two... so sometimes we go through several changes of clothes a day.







2 comments:

Valerie Johnson said...

She is so pretty in yellow! I think that should be her signature color.

marisa1982 said...

So sweet! I can't wait to meet her!