Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009 so far

I haven't written much for long, so I thought I'd make a list of what's been going on in the Marshall household in general.

1. We were in Reno last weekend, in hopes of seeing Idaho play at Nevada. Unfortunately, ticket prices were atrocious (and we would've had to buy a full-price ticket for Jack--anyone over the age of two!), so we decided to spend our money elsewhere. Idaho ended up pulling off an upset, winning 78-73 over the five-time Western Athletic Conference champion Nevada. Go Vandals!
2. Our trip, in spite of the basketball disappointment, was successful. Brian got a nail gun (insert caveman grunt here). I finally found four more yards of my beautiful Blue Damask fabric so I can start on some curtains for our bedroom. (The damask is pictured at right; all my other recent coordinating fabric purchases are to the left.)

And we picked up our Christmas present to each other as well: the Dyson Absolute Animal. Behold this thing of beauty, which will fulfill all my dreams of a pet hair-free household. (I'm sick of doing crunches amongst mounds of animal hair.)

3. Jack is taking naps of about three-and-a-half hours every day. Hallelujah! My love of his naps makes me question myself: is it wrong of me to enjoy that time away from my son, time to do scrapbook, bead, cook, clean, or do whatever else I want? I don't care... I'm only going to have this extra time for a few more months, so I'll enjoy it while I can!
4. Baby's doing fine, although there may be some problems with my heart murmur and giving birth at an elevation of 7900 feet. A cardiogram is scheduled for next month so they can check things out.
5. I've been inspired by Peter Walsh's book It's All Too Much. I'm now totally into cleaning, organizing, and purging. It's a wonderful feeling, and I would recommend the book to anyone.
6. Brian's still loving his job. His basketball team has yet to win a game, but on Tuesday, they scored ten points... which made him proud. (He doesn't even know what the other team scored.)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love that fabric! Beautiful colors.