Saturday, November 14, 2009

The "news"

I'm lying in bed in our RV just outside Phoenix, about a mile from the racetrack which will host a NASCAR race tomorrow. The kids and I just spent five days in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, visiting my sister. My parents also made it down from Idaho for the visit, and we all got to meet Val's boyfriend RJ. Now, Phoenix for a few days. I'm lamenting my lousy blogging the past month or so, and how much writing I'll have to do to catch up, but there is a good excuse! My laptop went on the fritz awhile ago. Brian tried to reformat the hard drive, but it just didn't work. So he's been bringing his work laptop home for me to use in the evenings. The situation has not given me much time for frivolous things like blogging! Alas, it was time to order a new computer. Not complaining or anything, but there's been a lot of new stuff in my life lately. This, for a girl who's happy with a new three-pack of socks from Target. It all has my head just about spinning! Starting back in June, here's a list of my new things:
* baby * travel trailer * church * mommy group * school year * several sets of neighbors * cell phone * Internet service * insurance plan * pediatrician *
And next, a new laptop. It should arrive Tuesday, which is also Jack's birthday and our first day back in town after this trip. I look forward to posting some pictures and tales of our latest adventures very soon afterward.

No comments: