Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sweet November

Hmmph. Life has been running at rocket-speed the past month or so. Thus my lack of posts. But the kids and I successfully made a three-day trip across Texas to New Orleans for Val's wedding. (Brian flew into town a few days later.) We put on a birthday party for Jack there, and I also planned a bachelorette party for Val. Between those two events, Jack and I both managed to catch a bug, and we both spent a good part of 24 hours being sick. Luckily, it was ONLY 24 hours, and although I missed the bachelorette party, we were both well by the rehearsal. My dad was not so lucky. He did walk Val down the aisle, but couldn't muster strength to do much else that day. We had a lot of other kinds of drama leading up to the wedding, but the wedding itself? Absolutely perfect. Val's dress--the one that I helped pick out in Dallas last July--was stunning, my homemade sash worked, and she was a beaming, happy, blushing bride. RJ looked pretty handsome, too. And the reception was tons of fun, even with a clingy, whiny, 17-month-old girl attached to my hip. I even gave a semi-successful toast, which Val loved, but I think she was a little drunk, because afterward she kept kissing me on the forehead. Brian drove back with us, and we briefly visited the Alamo on our way, but plan to go back to both places--New Orleans and San Antonio--when our kids are a little older (and hopefully more appreciative).

Some of my favorite pictures from the wedding day:



1 comment:

Valerie Johnson said...

I don't remember kissing you on the forehead!! Darn hurricanes.