Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A year-and-a-half

My sweet baby girl is 18 months today! Kate continues to amaze me. Every day she learns new words. She's still temperamental, extremely active, and loves her blankets and stuffed animals. When we read books, she waves at the characters inside. She also waves at the dog, or at her socks when I take them off her feet. When she meets new people, she snuggles deep into the crook of my neck. And, of course, she wants to do everything that her big brother does.


Since I use this blog as partially a reminder for all the scrapbooking I'll do someday (and, believe me, there is a LOT to catch up on!), I have compiled a list of words Kate is saying. I just compared it to the list I wrote for Jack when he was 21 months old--three whole months older than Kate is now--and her list trumps his by far. I've got a talker on my hands!

bowl * cup * mama * dada * Jack * Grandma * Grandpa * hi * bye-bye * all done * more * hot * ruf-ruf * meow * quack * moo * ooh ooh ahh * bok-bok * caw-caw * vrooom * banana * cracker * cheese * ball * uh-oh * go * garbage * socks * potty* hello * Bubba * bottle * Bible * bubbles * up (she says "bup") * down * book * bath * chair * hands * no * off/on (sounds the same, and I doubt she knows the difference)

No comments: