Monday, December 20, 2010

Like father, like daughter

I was semi-complaining last night to my father-in-law, Rick, how I've seen my friends' kids who are around Kate's age, how they can just sit there in a stroller, or whatever, so contently. My kid, on the other hand, has to be constantly on the move. Not easy at all for a mama! Rick reminded me of the story of when they were living on the Owyhee reservation when Brian was around two years old. Brian attended daycare at a Methodist church, where he was the only white kid, taken care of by two Native American ladies. One day, Brian's dad and mom got a phone call from one of the ladies, saying that there was something wrong with Brian. The problem? All the other kids would just sit there quietly and play, used to being strapped to their moms. Brian, on the other hand, would run around all day. Sounds just like Kate! It's hard not to feel a twinge of jealousy when I see those other toddlers so placid. But, as I told Rick, I wanted feisty kids, so I really can't complain. I got exactly what I wished for! Especially when it comes to my little girl.

No comments: