Sunday, May 18, 2008

The bubble bath


I do love a good bubble bath. Before Jack, I took one almost every night. I’d lounge around for a good forty-five minutes with a Redbook or some other completely mindless read. Nowadays, I take almost all my baths with Jack, and after he gets out, I only have a couple minutes to wash my hair while his dad reads him stories. After that, I hurry out and put him to bed.

Yesterday, we all spent the morning working in the yard. When outside, Jack likes to grab fistfuls of dirt and grass and pour them over his head. He'll push around his wheelbarrow and help me transport all the weeds to the yardwaste container. And of course, it was pushing ninety degrees by nine a.m. We all ended up completely filthy and soaked with sweat. So Jack joined me in a bubble bath. He thought the bubbles were the best thing ever! He kept laughing, and jumping up and down, and trying to gather all the bubbles into his arms. It was such sweet bliss, we had to take a few pictures.




No comments: