Tuesday, May 20, 2008

White tablecloth and a berry smoothie

At dinner last night, we entertained Csaba, the missionary we support in his work with Campus Crusade for Christ in Hungary. I made spaghetti and a green salad, and with some romantic notion of getting our house back to how it was before Jack, I laid out my favorite tablecloth. I made it awhile ago, back when I was sewing everything. It's beautiful--white with a blue floral pattern--and although it's actually not wide enough for our table, I still love it. Of course, within a couple minutes, Jack had smeared spaghetti sauce on the tablecloth, and a little chocolate as well when dessert came. But I kept the tablecloth on overnight.
This afternoon, I made a smoothie to share with Jack after his nap. It is one of my favorite things; I made one almost every day during my pregnancy (actually, the recipe is from the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting"). Jack's been drinking well out of a cup, and I thought he might like to drink his own little smoothie, instead of sharing with me as usual. He's so darned cute when he gets a little smoothie mustache! To make a long story short, yeah... you guessed it. Much of his very purple smoothie ended up puddled on the tablecloth. My picturesque "Better Homes and Gardens" kitchen didn't last long!

"Double-the-Milk" Smoothie

1/2 c. dry milk
1 1/2 c. skim milk
1 c. frozen fruit--a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
1 banana

Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend for 30 seconds.

No comments: