Friday, February 27, 2009

My favorite things, lately

My life is pretty ho-hum as of late. The cold weather and smatterings of snow often leave us housebound. The few parks nearby are closed for the winter. The closest stores are 40 miles away. I never used to feel boredom, but a few times lately have felt a twinge of that sort. I live vicariously through Brian, as his job brings new challenges every day, and through my single Texan sister Val. Sadly, I've also become quite attached to the Internet and to all my trashy reality T.V. shows. Therefore, I haven't much to write about. A list of what has brightened my life is definitely in order.

1. Mmmm... new full-panel maternity pants. I just don't like the feel of my growing belly hanging out over "real waist" pants; I appreciate the support of a nice panel. These are the ones I just got from Old Navy. I felt semi-chic again:

2. I've always loved Amazon.com's selection of used books, but now the website is a necessity. Just recently I ordered two books about which I am quite excited. The first? A craft book of fun projects to undertake for my little boy, whose curiosity and energy are increasing by the day. Oh yeah, and baby Kate is sure to benefit from my craftiness as well:

3. Pregnancy has brought on extra cravings for sweets, but I've also luckily enjoyed quite a few vegie sandwiches and berry smoothies. The boys in my family are harder to please in that area. My second book from Amazon is based on that obsession with getting the healthiest of foods into every dish I feed Jack and his dad. Can't WAIT to try some of the recipes in here:

4. Who doesn't love new socks, especially those for little kids? Found these at Old Navy and Target:

5. Brian hates how long his hair has gotten, but I think the little curls emerging at the back corners of Jack's hairline are absolutely adorable! I couldn't get a good picture; he moves too quickly (and likes the camera too much, especially since he can see the picture on the screen right away: "See! See!"). So this will have to do:

6. A few years ago,while we were still living in Manteca, I bought a large storage box full of sewing thread and notions for ten dollars from an estate sale. It was a great find; I haven't had to buy thread since I found it, as every color I've needed is in the box. But it has taken me THIS LONG to organize all of it. It was fun going through all the notions. The bounty of colors, I think, provided a cute little photo opportunity:

And yes, I am sewing. I've done half the curtain panels for our bedroom and some throw pillows. I will post some pictures when everything is finished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to sew!
I just have to tell you that YOU ROCK!
Love you!
~Iris

Anonymous said...

I lovvvvvvvvvvve the thread picture.

More about the single Texan!!! She sounds AWESOME.

Lindsey said...

What a cute post! Now you've got me wanting to spend, spend, spend! I LOVE the socks, and the craft books are a great idea. Finn just eats crayons, as of late.