Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daddy Diary: Day 1

Dear Daddy,

Mommy and I decided that, while you are away with all your students for three days, we would keep a diary so you would know what we're doing during your trip. Today was fun! We drove to the Shell station so the men there could take a look at the leaky tire. Mommy and I walked to the park and played in the snow while they had the van. I still don't like the wood chips on the playground, but at least this time I didn't complain.

Back at the gas station, the owner showed Mommy the screw he'd taken out of her tire. Then he offered me a muffin. I gladly accepted, and even said, "please-thank-you." I ate the entire muffin on the car ride home, paper wrapper and all! Mommy just laughed and said it was her fault for not removing it first, then said I'd probably end up like that one kid in her sixth grade class who always ate paper. Nani Stefani told Mommy it would come out just fine. Kind of like T.T.'s dog Zack, when he eats stuff he shouldn't!

This afternoon, Mommy let me play in the yard with Casey. I had fun lifting up my police car, then knocking it down again. Then I chased Casey with my wheelbarrow. Mommy said that was O.K., since we were outside. All my clothes are filthy, but that to me is the sign of a really good day. See you Saturday!

Love,
Jack

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When our children would come in the house filthy and I would tend to scold them for getting so dirty, my father-in-law liked to say, the dirt meant they had fun! :)

Anonymous said...

he's soooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!

Lindsey said...

Paper wrapper and ALL? Must've been a hungry boy!