Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our visit to the Valley

Jack and I just spent a week in the Manteca area, the first time we've been back since moving. I had a list about a mile long of people to see and places to visit, and we got most of it checked off. Poor Jack was quite the trooper, having to follow me around everywhere. Good thing the Nussbaumer and Gaines families had lots of fun toys to share! It was funny; I'd expected to drive into the area and immediately recognize what had changed. But what struck me instead was what HADN'T changed. So with that realization, I've compiled two lists.

Things I Don't Miss About the Valley:
1. The traffic, and rude, impatient drivers in general. I was honked and gestured at for stopping at a yellow light. I can't help if if you were following me too closely, lady!
2. The allergies.

Things I DO Miss About the Valley:
1. All our wonderful friends there.
2. Our church.
3. Close proximity to shopping and dining. (Although, I have to admit, fast food french fries taste sooo much better in the Eastern Sierra, when you have to drive 40 minutes to get them!)
4. Yards full o' grass. Green grass, brown grass... I don't care. Just GRASS.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hey, I think your second list is longer! Maybe that's a sign! :) We had fun visiting you guys. Next time we see you you'll be three!